Tinsel Trail decorator guidelines. Find everything you need to know right here.
Decorate your Tinsel Trail Tree
Thank you for participating in the Tinsel Trail this year! Please review our decorating guidelines and get ready to have some fun decorating your tree in the park! Questions? Contact us.
Designated decorating days & times
November 18 10 am - 4 pm
November 19 - 23 7 am - 6 pm
November 25 7 am - noon
Ellery M. will be your contact with information on how to select your tree. If she is not on site during the hours listed above, call her at 970-412-4120 and she will meet you there.
Supplies to bring
LED lights ONLY. No exceptions.
One #12 gauge heavy duty rated outdoor extension cord. No more than 25 feet long
We recommend 10 - 15 strings per tree, more is better
- Decorations that can withstand the weather
- Zip-ties, pipe cleaners, string or other ties to secure your decorations
- Plastic drop cloth or other covering for the fence and grass if you plan to spray paint your tree
When you arrive at the park...
- Check in the site manager or volunteer in the East Park (behind YMCA). Look for the check in sign. There you will receive instructions on how to select your tree.
- Bring your lights. Your LED lights and extension cord must be checked before decorating your tree.
- Make sure your decorations are rain and wind safe. Trees will be standing outside in the elements for over 30 days.
- IMPORTANT: Secure ornaments to trees using zip ties, pipe cleaner, string, wire or other ties. Ornament hooks will fall off in the wind.
- Do not use water-soluble glue on ornaments.
- Spray any fabrics with Scotch Guard to prevent mildew.
- You may want to bring a step ladder. Trees range in height from 6-7 feet tall.
- If you plan to spray paint your tree, please bring a drop cloth to protect the fence and grass. Be mindful of your neighbors and the wind when spray painting.
NEW THIS YEAR
We will have professional electricians to check and "sign-off" on each tree. Please make sure to have an outdoor rated extension cord and LED lights. This will help to make that process go smoothly. Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions
How and when can I select my tree?
See dates and times above. We ask that decorators please comply with those times for checking in and decorating your tree.
May I hang anything on the fence in front of my tree?
No. Fences are in place both to provide a unified and attractive view of the Trail and to detract visitors from touching trees.
Will someone periodically check my tree for light outages, fallen ornaments, or other damage?
Yes, but it is also recommended that you check your tree periodically. Please remember the trees are out in the elements for over 30 days, and wind, rain or other weather may cause ornaments to fall.